Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Different

Things sure are different this year from previous Ironman training years. On a lot of different levels. I'm focused on hitting my goal but life is coming at me over the speed limit. It has been tough getting the training in. But, where there's a will... there's a way.

Monday, I cycled after work but before picking Jessica Rose up from lacrosse. Did a nice route with lots of hills... so did some good climbing. It was a hot, sunny afternoon. I love that kind of weather.

5:18 pm clip in
136 avg HR
26 miles
avg cadence 84
1:30 ride time

Today, I ran after work. Totally different weather. 58 degrees and windy. Some sprinkles but not too wet. I did the same route that I did on Saturday.

4.55 miles
38:08.8
8:22 minute miles
avg HR 140

So, I a little bit faster pace... but at a lower heart rate. No problem with the knee at all. No pain or discomfort.

I've had a tough time with my daughter the past week, so I thought it was time for a daddy/daughter date. I just took her out to get something to eat and we had a lovely time. So, I'm going to let the food digest and then head over to the pool. Like I said... things are different. But, discipline makes the difference.

-- TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment