Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Long Ride

I rode out to Sugarloaf Mountain with Lennie yesterday. It was his longest ride ever. It was my longest ride in some time. I'd have to check but I don't think I'd done this ride for about a year, at least. Here is the tale of the tape...

6/4/2011
6:02 am
Route
98 miles
5:26:18 ride time
18 mph
85 avg cadence
132 avg HR

I definitely got a confidence boost from the ride. It helped that I had rested the day before. I wasn't riding with the "A" Team of Chad, Eric, etc. I am a little faster than Lennie on the bike so it helped me mentally to not feel like I was falling behind. It was a gorgeous day for a ride. Sunny and warm, but not humid.

We stopped at Dickerson for a bottle fill and bathroom stop. But, other than that... we pretty much went straight through. A picture here and there... traffic lights... other than that... rocking and rolling. My nutrition was good and I didn't have any problem on the hills. And hills we did hit. Mountain Gate, Old Anglers, Black Rock, Sugarloaf Mountain, River Road... we went through them all.

Today is a recovery day. But... mission accomplished. 100 (just about) mile ride in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment