Sunday, May 15, 2011

Down Goes Collins

The only workout I missed this week was the 6 mile run on the schedule for Thursday. I spent time in the outdoor pool on Wednesday and then again on Friday. Friday's 2000 meter straight swim was completed in 38:20.

Did the long ride yesterday.

Avg HR 135
77.5 miles
4:05.37 ride time
avg cadence 89

Unfortunately, there was a little drizzle yesterday and I went down on the bike. At Newbridge and Democracy, there is a slight downhill with a tight right turn onto Democracy. The road surface was wet and oily and the bike went out from underneath me and I landed on my right shoulder, hip and helmet HARD. I banged the hell out of my shoulder and it still hurts like hell about 24 hours later.

People who train with me know that I have a real fear of riding in the rain. It dirties up my bike and I have fallen in the rain before. Very dangerous and actually causes a decrease in intensity of cycling training as I slow down. Yesterday is a textbook reason why.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment