Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surrender? I Haven't Yet Begun to Fight!

The fall on Saturday banged me up pretty good. My shoulder is fucked up and I probably should see a doctor. My right hip hit hard too, and is swollen. I must of really nailed my head too because my neck feels like it has whiplash.

At this point, it is almost comical all the shit that has happened to me since July 1, 2010. I moved out of my house that day as I separated from my wife of 14 years. The place I moved into temporarily was a haunted house that when the weather got real hot, flies would come out of now where. I got hit by a car while cycling on July 4 and missed about a month of training. Then on October 1, I moved back home... as my ex-wife moved out... leaving me as a single parent for my 13 year old daughter. Then, on February 8, I had surgery on my left knee. On April 15, I cracked the frame on my bike and had to buy a new frame and front fork. On Sunday, April 18th, my daughter was hospitalized for a week after some serious drama that we're still dealing with. Then came the fall on May 14. I have to be honest with you... Saturday night, I was laying in bed and thinking about quitting. Call it day and regroup. But guess what... I'm TOO DAMN DUMB to quit. If I'm going down, I'm going down with the ship.

So, I took Sunday and Monday off. But today... got back out for a run. I took a new route and did it in 1:10.59 which is a 8:39 minute mile pace. AVG HR was 143. My body feels very creaky and the right shoulder is in bad shape. I may need to get an x-ray. We'll see how it feels tomorrow.

So, the mascot for this year is John Paul Jones. Surrender? I have not yet begun to fight!


John Paul Jones, American Naval War Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment