Saturday, October 9, 2010

Discipline - Rehoboth Beach Training Build Weekend

I earned a black shirt today at The Firm Fitness Center. Best workout I've ever had. Thanks Paul! I did some warm ups and then the main sets were 95# squat/press and tire flips/jumps. I did 3 sets of this. Brutal.


Video of a similar tire flip workout. Our tire was bigger and I think is 273#

Then we did 3 sets of 500m rows followed by 25# ball drops. Sounds easy? HA! Try it sometime. Gonna shoot for at least one set of 60 ball drops next time I do it.

About to clip in for a ride. 90 minutes is on the training schedule but it's a pretty nice day. I may roll longer than that. We'll see.

UPDATE 6:01 pm

Did a 40.2 mile ride. Out and back from Henlopen Hotel down to Route 54 at Fenwick Island and back. GORGEOUS day. 78 degrees and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky. Wind was out of N-NW so it was nice on the way south... a little slower heading back north.

11:05 am clip in
135 avg HR
159 max HR
40.2 miles
1:49:27 ride time
22.04 mph
avg cadence 86

How gorgeous was it today?


Scene from my Beach Cruiser

No comments:

Post a Comment