Sunday, October 10, 2010

Results

Guys love to see results. Well, at least this guy does. I started training with Paul Timmons in August. One of the first things he did was weigh me in and looked at my body composition. Here are the numbers from August 6, 2010...

Weight 207 lbs.
Tri 6
Abs 22
quads 15
SU 24
Total 67mm = 18.2%

We checked in today and here are the results...

Weight 197 lbs.
Tri 5
Abs 17
Quad 10
Su 8
Total 40mm = 12.3%

Big difference. Granted... on August 6, I was coming off about 6 weeks of inactivity. And between August 6 and today I had been training for the Half Full and doing Paul's workout routine. Nonetheless, I am pleased with the results. The key for me is not to rest on my laurels. I still have a way to go and now that I'm on a routine that is working, I have to stick to it.

I left the beach this morning as I had to get home. One thing led to another and I didn't get out on my run until 1 pm. I hadn't eaten very well when I set out and I didn't have enough time to go the full 10 miles on my schedule. I felt a little light headed from lack of food (forgot to take the Gu that I planned and only had water on me) and decided it was best to not push it too hard. Plus, my body is still sore from yesterday's incredible workout.

I took this route, which has 6, 8 and 10 mile (or longer) options. I wound up doing 6.33 miles.

1:03 pm
6.33 miles
57:46
9:07 minute miles
avg HR 135
max HR 150

The Rehoboth Beach Marathon is my next race. It is on December 11... only two months away. I have got to start ramping up the volume so I can wind up with the results I'm trying to achieve. My marathon PR was set on March 20, 2010... 4:24 at the National Marathon. Was on pace for sub 4:15 but started getting lower leg cramps at mile 21.

This week's schedule...

Mon off
Tues 6 mile recovery run
Wed 300
Thurs 6 miles faster than Tues so tempo pace, 10 mile race pace, let's call it comfortably hard
Fri 90 mins cycling / endurance pace
Sat Row 10 x 500 meters on 60 seconds / goal put them all under 2 mins, I would open with a 1:59.
Sun Run 15 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment