Thursday, February 17, 2011

Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming


Left knee after stitches removed

OK sports fans... I'm almost back in action. Surgery was successful. The doctor says he cleaned up about a nickel-sized tear of cartilage, trimmed the lateral meniscus and smoothed out some arthritis. He was very pleased about the range of motion in the knee and elected to forgo organized physical therapy. He says I don't need it! So, I've rested the past couple of days and am waiting for the cuts to heal. But, I can already feel that the pain I was experiencing in late December and January is gone.

Something to think about is this... it is likely that my knee was messed up during the marathon... I just didn't "feel" it. I mean, nothing happened between the marathon and December 21 that would have resulted in that much "damage".

My energy level has been very low the past 30 days. And, I can feel my fitness level greatly reduced which results in me feeling "fat" and then spins the cycle of low energy even more. But, what I have found is that mood follows action... so I need to get back into a coordinated, disciplined activity schedule so I can get back to where I was in November.

156 Days until Ironman Lake Placid 2011. Tomorrow is Day 1. Be mindful TJ of what you do with this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment