Monday, February 7, 2011

Do You Believe in Miracles?

NOTE: This was actually posted on Wednesday, February 9, 2011.



The way I feel today, it's going to take a miracle.

The surgery has come and gone. The doctor says he found torn cartilage, arthritis and an inflamed joint in addition to the torn meniscus. Dr. Magee told me he trimmed the tears, smoothed out the arthritis and that the inflammation should recede. I can take the wrap off Friday morning and start bending it and doing leg lifts.


February 8, 2011 - approx. 6 pm

Surgery was supposed to be at 4 pm. But they called at 9 am and said they were ready for me. So, I went to the hospital. The doctor saw me for about 3 minutes a half hour before the surgery. He did not talk to me after. Everyone at the hospital was very nice and the anesthesia worked great. The last thing I remember the guy saying was, "you're going to start to feel a little groggy." Next thing I know, I was in post-op.

I was off work today, and will be off tomorrow, too. I'll take the wrap off on Friday and take some more pix. But right now... I'm in bad shape. My leg hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment