Sunday, February 20, 2011

Don't Know What You Got... Until It's Gone

I received this weeks workout plan via email from Coach Paul. I almost cried. Tears of joy now... pain later this week? We'll see.

Mon 60 mins / 100 plus rpms / tempo pace / comfortably hard light to moderate resistance
Tues 500 pull / 10 x 100 repeats allow 30 secs rest / and lets keep the buoy for these. 100 cool down
Wed 10 min spin warm-up, 3 mins hard 1 min easy x 10, 10 min cool down. Then 50 pullups, 100 push-ups, 50 barbell push presses 65#s
Thurs off!
Friday 30 mins straight swim / no buoy but open turns / 60 mins tempo spin
Sat off
Sunday 90 mins outdoors ride (I am so looking forward to being able to do this!)

I rowed today. Did 5000 meters straight. I forgot to check my HRM after to see my avg. HR... but I definitely broke a sweat. The left knee is still a little swollen so there is some discomfort... but no pain.


5000m rowing results

I swam for a half hour yesterday in the morning... outdoor pool... what a great way to clear your head. I felt very serene when I got out of the water... though had to run into the YMCA building as there was a 40 mph wind howling. Then last night, hopped on the stationary bike for 30 minutes. Again... some discomfort but no pain. Kept the HR under 110 for the whole spin.


Picture taken of reflection in mirror. But, you can see knee starting to form on left leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment