Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hurts so Good

Thus far, I've stuck with the prescribed workout routine... on the whole. Was supposed to do 100 pushups and 50 pullups in yesterday's workout... but was only able to knock out 50 pushups and 20 pullups. Did the rest of the workout. The session on the bike was quite rigorous and I don't have any hangover with the knee. Was anaerobic on the 3 minute intervals and spinning at ~110 rpm. Felt really good.

I can tell a couple of things about the off time...

1. I feel REALLY grateful to be working out again. Which helps mood when working out.
2. The divorce and single parent lifestyle has built up some anger and resentment in me without an outlet through workouts for the past 6 weeks... but now that I'm working out again, I can channel that aggression into the workout. Feels good... especially after.

Today is an off day. Diet has been good and I have cut out trigger foods and cut way back on the calories. Let's see if it holds. Taking it one day at a time right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment