Sunday, February 27, 2011

Swim. Check. Bike. Check. Run. Next.

Today was a big test for progress on the recovery of my knee. I was teed up for a 90 minute bike ride. I wound up going 40 miles in 2:21 of ride time with an average HR of 141.

Chuck met me at my house and we clipped in about 10:25. We then picked up Davis at Discovery and headed down Rock Creek Park. I purposefully hit the first couple of hills (short, not steep) hard to gauge fitness. Though my heart rate SPIKED, I felt no pain at all in the knee. The only thing that feels strange about my knee is that it feels like it needs to "crack". Like a joint that needs to crack but can't.

We rode down to Hains Point and did five short laps. We rode with KDOG and Chad was running... pushing the baby stroller with MAL inside. I felt strong and had a couple of sustained bursts where I was going 26 mph. I did tire and was ready to cruise back home after that fifth lap.

This weekend... good success. I swam and was able to kick for a half hour straight. Then I rode 2+ hours on the bike and again did not experience any pain. Two or three more weeks and I think I'll be ready to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment