Saturday, August 21, 2010

Aero Position Meet Dead Lifts

I rode the Half Full Tri bike course this morning. I rode with Lennie Phillips, a 35 - 39 year old Clydesdale. He is also a brain cancer survivor. He will be doing the Half Full on October 3 and today was the first time he had ridden the bike course. I was trying to remember on the ride if I had done the course two or three times already. It is two for sure... once with Roseann Dougherty (June 20) and once with Gary Daigle (July 25). I think I rode it once with Willie, too... but I can't remember for sure.


Video before bike ride on July 25

This is the first time I've done hills since July 25, first time I've done 50+ miles since then and also the first time I'd ride longer than two hours since I've started my new weight training routine. I could definitely feel the effect of dead lifting on my lower back while I was in the aero position. I'm certain that as I get better at it (dead lifts) and more saddle time, this will go away.

Today's statistics...

Clip in at 7:47 am
56 Miles
3:08:33 ride time
average HR 143
In 126 - 150 zone for 1:52:40
Average cadence 88

We stopped once... 32 miles into the ride. Hit the head, filled up the water bottles and talked for a bit. I think it was about a 10+ minute break. Hot and humid but not stupid. Head wind on the way BACK. Overall, an encouraging ride as this is a hard bike course.

No comments:

Post a Comment