Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to Work

Double entendre with today's title. I went back to work after being away since August 5. I also am back into a regular triathlon training routine. Today, I cycled after work. Clipped in at 5:25 pm and rode for 54:52 (minutes/seconds). I got in 19.75 miles on this route. Average heart rate was 147 with a max of 161. Average cadence was 92 and I was above the 121 - 150 HR zone for 23 minutes of the ride. It was hot and humid again but definitely not as hot as yesterday's run a little earlier in the afternoon. I went out with one bottle filled with 80% Gatorade and 20% water. I drank about half of it.

I am doing the Half Full Triathlon on October 3, 2010. I am doing the race with Team Fight. It's kind of like Team in Training, which I've done four times, three of them as a mentor. They recently sent me their training schedule. The August calendar is below. I plan on using this as a guide and will probably do some of the organized workouts with the Team.


Team Fight's August 2010 Training Schedule for Half Full Triathlon

No comments:

Post a Comment