Monday, August 16, 2010

Training Camp Closes

I closed out "training camp" today by doing a 5.44 mile run. It was extremely hot and humid and the route was hilly. You can find the route I took here. I did the run in 55:04 (minutes/seconds), my longest run since June 27. So, the pace was slow and I had to walk four times after the 35 minute mark. My maximum heart rate was 169 and my average was 151. I think this reflects the hilly nature of the run and also the extreme heat and humidity. I drank almost all of one bottle of water.

Today's run marked the end of my summer vacation which I used as a training camp. As I had been out of action since being struck by a motorist while cycling on 4th of July, I had a period of inactivity that extended until August 6. On that first full day of vacation, I did an ocean swim with the Tri Delaware group. I took Saturday off, cycled two hours on Sunday and then did it all on Monday, August 9. I ran for the first time since June 27, doing a 20 minute run along the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk. We (me and four other Tri Delaware athletes) hopped in the ocean on that foggy morning for a 25 minute swim and then I did an hour ride... going just south of Indian River and then back to Rehoboth.

I'll post some more later, but as you can see, I had a blast!


TJ on the Bethany Beach Boardwalk

No comments:

Post a Comment