Friday, August 27, 2010

Two-a-Day

The triathlete staple... two workouts in one day. Before and after work... you'll typically find your triathlete engaged in a workout.

Got up bright and early on Thursday and drove down to Hains Point. I clipped in at 6:11 am and did a long lap by myself. When I got to Ohio & Buckeye, Philip Schmidt and a couple of other guys were waiting. We chatted very briefly and then headed out. Didn't take long for those guys to get up to 26 mph... we were burning rubber before I knew it. Workout specs...

1:14:30 ride time
25 miles
133 avg. HR
87 avg. cadence

It was a nice, cool morning. By our third lap, I could not keep up with the pace and fell off the back. Them boys can ride!


View Larger Map

After work, I headed over to LA Fitness and did the 300 workout. Warmed up with 2 * 1000 rows... 4:18 then 3:51. Then the superset. That fifteen minute set had an average HR of 154. But, it feels so good. I'm deadlifting 135# - 3 * 10 with ease. Might need to increase the weight. Feel a lot stronger on the pullups already. Finished up with floor wipers and dips. 25 minutes of tough love.

Taking today off. First day off since 8/13. Doing the DC Tri Club training triathlon tomorrow and riding the Half Full Triathlon bike course on Sunday. Trying to complete it in under 3 hours. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment