Friday, August 20, 2010

Long Way to (Gor)Go

One day, my name will be on this list. Until that day, I will be preparing for that appearance. So, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, and that is what I did today.

I did a lunch time workout at LA Fitness and tried to employ some of the new training techniques that have been shared with me by my Yoda... my sensei... Paul Timmons.

Here was the workout...

2 x 1000 m rows on Concept II (4:32 first 1000... 4:03 second 1000)

3 cycles of following exercises in order with rep for each cycle listed...

Chin Ups 3 * 5
Dead Lifts 135# 10 - 6 - 6
Push Ups 3 * 10
Box Jumps 21" 3 * 10
Clean & Press 30# Dumbbell Alternating Hands 3 * 10
Time: 13:23.7

I then did two cycles of the following...

Floor Wipers (on flat bench - using barbell) 45# * 10 - 65# * 10
Dips 2 * 10

I was sweating up a storm and a bit gassed by the end. I went to the 135# Dead Lifts because LA Fitness does not have the big 10# or 25# weights like they have at The Firm. So, on Wednesday when I did Dead Lifts, I had the smaller 25# plates on each end of the barbell and it just didn't feel right at the bottom. I was going too far down. So, I upped it to 45s on each end (135#)... got 10 on the first set but only could do 6 each successive set. Will definitely need to work on Dead Lifting 135#.

I also now know how many stacks to put under the "board" so I can replicate 24" box jumps. I was a little short today as I estimated 24" based on where my knee is. I need to be a little above the knee to get to 24".

So, I'm on my way... but there is still a long way to GorGO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment