Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Break in the Clouds

I woke up late today... so I didn't get the ride in at Hains Point this morning. Planned on getting it in after work... but knew I had a 5 pm settlement appointment at "home". And, the weather pattern has been a rainy one with the forecast calling for more rain.

The settlement appointment was for my house... I bought my wife out of our home. She will be moving out this weekend and I am moving back in. I've been in "exile" since July 1... living in a "in-law" suite at a house up Route 29. Linda and I have reached a settlement and this is part of the deal. I buy her out of house. She moves out. Our daughter stays with me. I pay Linda alimony for a period of time. And we end up being legally divorced about this time next year. A lot of stress... and change. Today was a very symbolic day as I now own the house by myself. Sadness.... fear... anger... I have a lot of emotions. But, I know that this too shall pass.

The settlement only took 45 minutes. And the rain had let up. I considered going to the gym and getting on a stationary bike but upon looking outside, decided that the rain would hold off long enough for me to knock out an hour ride. The only problems would be that it was rush hour and I'm not really in a place that is good for riding bikes when there is traffic.

So, I set out on a route that would give me four good hills in an hour ride. But, there would also be traffic on part of it... and traffic lights and stop signs.

6:02 pm clip-in
122 avg HR
158 max HR
15.7 miles
avg cadence 85
53:36 ride time
17.6 mph

Not bad as these four hills are nice climbs... though short.


TJ, Jessica Rose and Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment