Saturday, September 18, 2010

Life... turned up to 11

There was a time this week where I was starting to feel overwhelmed. It lasted about 45 seconds... then I thought of other people I know who have been through tremendous adversity. God doesn't give us more than we can handle.

So, I knew it would be hard to keep up with workout volume this week... but I managed to get some good work done.

Wednesday:
I stretched out my mid-week bike route. Clipped in after work at 5:36 pm.
27.9 miles
1:21:40 ride time
20.5 mph
avg HR 135
Max HR 155
Avg. Cadence 87

Thursday:
Off. I was going CRAZY all day... trying to get a workout in... but it just didn't happen. Late rehearsal on Wednesday evening... tough day at work... Back to School Night. Didn't eat dinner until 9:30 pm.

Friday:
I swam at the Olney Aquatic Center. Got in the pool at 8 pm. Did the 4 x 500m thing. Here were the times on each 500... with 60 seconds rest in between.

10:16
9:27
9:28
9:20

Looks like I may have gone a little too fast in heat #2. :-)

Saturday
Did a brick out at the Half Full Course. Rode the whole bike course with Roseann and Kevin D'Amanda. Both have qualified for Boston Marathon before. Roseann is doing Kona in three weeks. Kevin did a 11:20 at IMLP this summer.

Clipped in at 8:12 am. BEAUTIFUL day. Bit nippy early... wore arm warmers on the first loop.

56 miles
Ride time 2:57:05
18.97 MPH
Avg HR 143
Max HR 161
Avg Cadence 87

Transitioned to a 2.5 mile run around the lake. 22 minutes of run time. Avg HR 141. I was getting some pinches in my calves and quads.

Tomorrow... looking to get the long run in that I missed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment