Sunday, September 26, 2010

TJ & the KCs (Kona Chicks)

I rode the Half Full bike course yesterday with two women who are doing Kona in two weeks. Roseann Dougherty, who placed 2nd in her age group at Ironman Arizona and Joanna Younts, who placed 8th in her age group at Ironman Lake Placid... her first Ironman. Some guy who had pulled into the parking lot at roughly the same time joined us... but for the second week in a row (rogue guy in parking lot looking to ride), by the time we got to the second circle, he had fallen off the back... never to be seen again.

Stats for the day... a warm, sunny day...

Clip in at 7:55 am
Avg HR 140
Max HR 164
56 miles
Avg Cadence 87
2:57:55
18.89 mph

Two points... I didn't have much sleep the night before and honestly, I'm pretty gassed from the training cycle. Here's hoping I get to take it easy this week leading up to race day on Sunday. Second, as we were coming up the last hill, I caught up to two younger women climbing the hill. I smiled and said hello and the girl in the lead, when she looked over, swerved to the right, off the road and went down. I felt bad. Roseann said my overpowering male charm caused her to wreck. Whatever.

:-)

UPDATE... 8:08 pm...

Scheduled to do a 10 mile run today. Had a great night sleep but had a commitment this morning. Finally got out to run at 3:19 pm. Thank God for the DVR (recorded Ravens second half and Redskins entire game). I took this route which was a variation of an 11 mile run I did earlier this month.

Specs...

9.27 miles
1:21:42
8:49 minute miles
AVG HR 143

If I could hold that kind of pace next week, I'd be in pretty good shape... assuming I knock out the ride in under 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment